Thursday, October 23, 2008

New (to me) Washer and Dryer

Hooray I got a washer and dryer.  Thanks so much to Joseanne who decided she wanted stackable washer and dryer and was nice enough to give me hers.  So I hadn't done laundry for two and a half weeks knowing that I was getting a washer and dryer.  So anyway, we got them up our rickety stair way and hooked up and I was so excited to wash some clothes.   I put in my first load and i was doing some miscellaneous things around and about when I heard water being poured all over the floor.... I guess our drain doesn't drain fast enough. I thought it might be clogged but DrainO didn't do anything.... So I ended up spending the rest of the load turning the washer on and off and on and off again and again so it would only drain enough at a time so it wouldn't keep over flowing.... that lasted till 1:30 (because I HAD to do 2 loads so I had clean clothes for my job interview tomorrow) well at 1;30 (yes in the morning) our downstairs neighbor came up and said that the she was sleeping when she heard drip drip drip in her laundry room... yes we were leaking into her laundry room.. I guess the people who lived here before had the same problem and the landlord came and had to unclog the drain.  So we called the landlord this morning and he had a stroke and is in the hospital, but his wife said she would have her son come look at it sometime today... but it is 9:30 and he hasn't shown up... Any ideas?  Anyway I am done blabbing, here are pics of my new washer and dryer


Dryer (its pulled out so we could pull the washer out to check the drain) washer in the background


Washer also it has to face sideways in the laundry room, which is a little weird but still okay.



The drain that keeps overflowing... not a great pic but still a picture
Anyway thanks for reading... any advice let me know

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Step 1 - get washer dryer
Step 2 - Call maintenance so you can actually use them
Step 3 - Call maintenance, because they never came
Step 4 - Call maintenance, this time guy actually comes
Step 5 - Call maintenance because guy who came didn't fix the problem
Step 6 - call maintenance, because they haven't come yet
Step 7 - call maintenance, this time they come. The guy fixes it.
step 8 - Use washer, washer leaks, neighbors complain
step 9 - call maintenance. They come and look at it. Still don't do anything
Step 10 - throw washer at maintenance
step 11 - go to jail while chanting "worth it"

Leisa said...

yes i read in the readers digest that you can use dish soap and hummmmm.... i'll look it up again and call you

Leisa said...

ok i looked it up half a cup of vinegar and half a cup of baking soda pour it down the drain then wait 15 min then pour hot hot water down it!

Sharece said...

Holy smokes! I'm excited that you got a washer & dryer... The drain kind of takes the fun out of it right now, but hopefully that will be fixed soon. I can't wait til we get a washer and dryer ;)