Monday, August 1, 2011

July-Birthday Month!!!!

Well, July has come and gone! It is always such a crazy month for us, with all 3 birthdays being in there and the 4th, and the 24th. It seems like it was one big party after another. I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked but here are some of the Birthday pictures that I did manage to either take, steal from other people who took pictures. (Note, these are NOT in chronological order)


My birthday was great! We just chilled at home and Westin made me and AWESOME balloon bouquet (see the oversized picture below)! The next day we headed down to the Smith's and partied there the whole weekend. It was lovely and a muchly appreciated break.

I don't know what happened but I can NOT get this picture any smaller! I almost didn't add it but I thought that this balloon bouquet was just WAY to cute, it needed to be showcased!
My Birthday Bouquet



We didn't do much for Westin's birthday. He had school for most of the day but we had cake and ice cream after dinner and Joseanne came over and played with us for a while. The big exciting thing we did for his birthday was actually 2 days after when we went and saw Captain America. I am sure Westin will eventually blog about it, but it was AWESOME. (In my opinion). I did make Westin's birthday cake to look like Captain America's shield. I am in no way a cake decorator and it definitely turned out sub-par, but I still thought it was fun.

Joseanne, Serena and Westin Blowing Out the Candles
Joseanne, Serena and Westin blowing out Westin's birthday Candle



Brother Fife, Me, Serena and Westin. Right before digging in to the delicious Birthday cake!
Bro Fife, Chelsea, Serena and Westin



My sad attempt at decorating a birthday cake... It did taste delicious though! And next year I will be that much better at decorating.... right....?
Westin's Captain America Shield Birthday Cake



Serena's joint birthday party with her cousin Aiva was definitely the highlight of the month. They are 1 year and 8 days apart in age and they both LOVE Ponyo... You know the kids Japanimation movie. So that is the theme of their party.

Heather (Aiva's mom) made them both these adorable birthday hats.
Birthday Girls getting their Birthday Hats on



Westin made this REALLY cool paper Machét Ponyo that we stuck out of their "birthday cake" (it was really a chocolate truffle in a green bucket with blue whip cream on top)... Isn't it sooo cute! I have such a talented husband!
Paper Machét Ponyo that Westin Made sticking out of our chocolate Triffle with blue whip cream on top


The kids LOVE playing in the pools!
Kids Swimming in the Pools


Smith cousin's all in their 4th of July outfits (The Birthday Party was on the 4th)
Smith Cousin's


We did do come cake and ice cream on Serena's real birthday.

Getting excited to blow out her candles!
Happy Birthday Girl


Doesn't that just make you want to pinch those cheeks

Serena Laughing at Brother Fife

Look how cute she is!

Serena Laughing at Brother Fife

Well that's all for now! I have another post almost ready about a fun trip we took to the Zoo with the Wallace's, so stay tuned for more! Don't forget! POST A COMMENT!

8 comments:

N+M Family said...

Looks like you have had lots of fun, and Westin is amazing!

Leisa said...

Holy cow those are the cutest pictures EVER! Your cake is totally awesome! You did decorate it so good. And Westin's ponyo is awesome. But my favorite are the pictures of serena. She is my happy little thing!

Marilyn Hardman said...

too much fun. What a darling Serena and a talented Westin and Chelsea

~Mindy~ said...

You guys are too cute! Happy birthday to all three of you!

(P.S. Now that Serena is getting bigger I still see a lot of you in her, but I think she's taking more after Westin. Either way though she is stinking adorable!!!)

Capizzi Captions said...

Love all the pictures! July was a fun month and such talent in your family!

Steven and Megan said...

1. That balloon boquet is awesome.
2. I think your Captain America cake looks great!
3. Zoe and Lincoln love, LOVE Ponyo. We may have to do an awesome Ponyo party like that.
4. I love the second to last picture of Serena. She is a cutie!

Jen said...

Chelsea how cute! Serena is getting so big!

Joseanne said...

I LOVE July Birthdays!!! It was so much fun to celebrate them with you all as much as possible :) You all definitely go all out a lot more than I ever would. But maybe we'll have to do a cake decorating class together - that would be an awesome Girl's Night thing to do - don't you think?