Monday, November 3, 2008

So Much To Be Thankful For

So I have been thinking a lot about all the blessings Westin and I have received since we've gotten married.  There are too many to count, we really have been so blessed.  But here are some blessings that are actually tangible.  So thank-you to everybody who has helped us out... you are all the best.


John and Leslie gave us their night stand they didn't want anymore.  Thank you John and Leslie


My parents were willing to give us their old bed now that their getting a new one, but to save a trip they gave it to Westin's parents, who in return are letting us keep using their old one.  Thank You Mom and Dad Hardman and Mom and Dad Smith


My mom's neighbor gave us her old rocking chair, and this is an old bed that  I have used since I moved out... I'm not sure if mom has given it to me or is just letting me borrow it, but either way it makes a great guest bed.  Thanks so much Karen and Mom!


My mom gave me an old dresser she wasn't using anymore.
Thanks Mom!


This is another dresser my mom's neighbor Karen didn't want anymore
Thanks Karen!


Joseanne gave us her old washer and dryer.
Thanks Joseanne!


Westin's parents gave us (or are letting us borrow) their old computer that has Photoshop, Illustrator... and other cool things on it so Westin can do school work at home. Plus they gave us that cool printer for christmas, and they got us that desk, chair and file cabinet as a house warming gift.  Thanks so much Mom and Dad Smith!


Westin's parents are also letting us use their cuddle bag as a couch until we find a real couch.  Thanks so much Mom and Dad Smith!


Mom's neighbor Karen have us this old entertainment center
My sister Heidi gave my parents this DVD rack, and they gave it to Westin and Me.
Westin's Grandparents gave us their old TV when they got a new one.
My mom made that beautiful hardanger and framed it.
Thank you Mom and Dad Hardman, Heidi, Karen, Mom and Dad Smith. Grandma and Grandpa Judd


Again my mom's neighbor Karen gave us these book shelves. One holds books, the other hold food (we have very little cupboard space in our little kitchen).
Also my mom is letting me "borrow" her sewing machine
My sweet mother in law has bought Westin and me some food storage... wheat and what not. so if you can tell next to our messy food cupboard there is some food storage.
Thank you Karen, Mom, Marjalee, 



This is our old "kitchen table" a card table my aunt Verla gave us for our wedding. I had to hurry and set it up to get a picture of it so don't think it was always in the guest bedroom.
Thanks Aunt Verla


And the newest addition to our house, my Grandma Hardman's old table and chairs.  She got her sisters dining room set and didn't need two sets of table and chairs so my mom was nice enough to tell her that Westin and I needed one.  
Thank you Mom, and Grandma Hardman!


Thank you so  much everyone who has helped Westin and me in the last year! We couldn't have done it without you guys! You are all the best!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Jared and I used the table Verla and Joyce bought us for years. That is so funny that you did the same. Well I guess everyone has to start somewhere with furniture. You sure were blessed.

Crystal said...

What a good idea. It'll be so fun to look back when you're old and gray and see what your first furniture was. I wish I had taken a picture of our first table. We got it from a hotel that was remodeling and getting rid of the old junk. The legs were so small and wobbly. I was always afraid to put food on it cuz I could imagine the table crashing to the floor and the food flying!

Leisa said...

I LOVE IT!! family really is the greatest ever i also have a lot of things friends and family gave us.

Marilyn Hardman said...

Looks great. Glad things worked out.

MC said...

Yea! I found your blog! So fun, so cute, love it. I'm excited to keep up with you guys. I'm serious about this book club thing, I'll get it going soon, I'm trying to figure it out. Hope all is well, it looks like your apartment is fun and cute!

Wendy said...

Sorry, that last post was under Mario's name but it was me!