Monday, August 27, 2007

Broken Toes and House Sitting

Okay so this past week has been really crazy. First I told my nurse friend Jodie that I would house/dog sit for her sister while they went on vacation. Then the day before I was supposed to do that I fell down the stairs and broke my pinky toe. Luckily one of the perks of working where I do is that I have easy access to orthopedic surgeons and x-ray machines. So Dr. Goucher was kind enough to take a quick look at my toe between surgeries and told me it was broken and what to do to make it better. And he was so nice about it. I even saw him today and he was nice enough to ask me how my toe was and if it felt better. Anyway, here are pictures.

This is my right pinky toe next to its fellow left pinky toes. Sorry it so blurry!


Here it is all by its lonesome. These pictures really don't do it any justice. But it really was huge and black an blue!



And this is Scottie, one of the dogs i watched for a week. I tried to get a picture of both of them together but it was just to hard to get a cute one. So just pretend that they are playing with each other.


THis is Gretta, the other dog I watched. She was so fun to sleep with.


Anyway, thanks for looking. Don't for get to post a comment!

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Yea for updates! I'm so sorry about your toe. That's so terrible. But those dogs are cute, I guess. I didn't think I'd ever see you taking a picture of a dog, but oh well

Emily said...

Hey, I was just house sitting and dog sitting too! Awesome. Sorry about your toe dude! that looks really really painful. How long until it is better? Will this affect walking in DC and NYC? If so, we cant rent you a wheelchair (heheheh).

Sharon said...

I am sooooooo sorry about your toe! I stubbed mine once and that was bad enough!

Leisa said...

oh your poor toe!! i'm so sorry. But you walked all the way to school on it! You are so so tough.

Heidi said...

Those dogs are adorable. You forgot to mention you are now a redhead...