Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Were Moving.....

To Brazil!!!



I know most of you know this already, but I have to make it official by blogging about it. So here are the top 10 questions we've had about it.

10- Why? Well, (among many other reasons) we have always wanted to go down there for more than just a vacation (for those of you who don't know that is where Westin served his mission) and we decided that if we were really going to now is the time to do it, before we have more kids and while Westin is in school and not focusing on starting a career.
9- When? We fly out June 5th and fly back December 17th
8- Will we leave Serena with you? NO
7- What are we going to do down there? Westin will work teaching English, and we will travel all over visiting Westin's mission sites and other fun places he wasn't able to visit on his mission.
6- Where will you live? Belem. (if you look on the map it is up on the top right, right on that delta that connects to the Amazon River) This was Westin's mission and we have some contacts down there who will let us stay with them till we find an apartment.
5- Do you speak Portuguese? Westin does, I am learning... very slowly.
4- What are you most excited for? EVERYTHING!
3- What kind of food is there down there? Fresh fruit, rice and beans, shrimp... all sorts of deliciousness!
2- Are you nervous about the healthcare down there? Not so much, the doctors are very competent they just don't have the means to get big equipment, but if you go to the right clinics you don't really have much to worry about.
1- Can we come visit? YES, YES, and YES!
0- Are you really going to move to Brazil? YES, tickets are bought and we are moving out of our apartment this weekend! (we will live with Westin's parents for a month to save up some money for when we get down there)



We are so excited! If you have any more questions let me know, but post a comment anyway!

15 comments:

Craig and Sharelle said...

So cool! I'm so excited for you guys. I've realized how fun it is to be out on our own, even though it stinks being so far from family. Good luck with all your preparations!

Ask Wes if he ever knew Isabel. I don't think he did, but she lived with the Malan's for a while and was in the singles ward with me. She's from Belem.

Anonymous said...

i am so excited for you. good for you for taking advantage of the opportunity while you can. have fun!!

Wendy said...

Wow - good for you guys! That is amazing and exciting and I'm so so so so happy for you! Maybe we'll fly out and visit!

Leisa said...

Yup it's going to be a fun adventure. I'm excited for you.

Sharon said...

Wow! What a fun adventure for you guys!

Twin Times said...

It is so great that you are going to travel and see some of the world. What an awesome adventure! I am sure everything will be great for you!

Anonymous said...

Don't get kidnapped.

Anonymous said...

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/wideangle/episodes/ransom-city/introduction/959/

Heidi said...

Good luck! Sounds so exciting!

Crystal said...

That is incredibly exciting! Brett and I talked about living in Argentina or Chile for a while (our missions) but it didn't ever get serious enough and now it's too late. So way to go! I am jealous and hoping you find good internet quick so you can keep your blog updated with your adventures.

Heather said...

Chels, I really am so stinkin excited for you! I know you'll be crazy busy but I'd love to see you before you leave! What is your schedule like for the next few weeks?

Genevieve said...

wow thats really exciting!! way to just make it happen :)

Steven and Megan said...

I hope you update your blog ALOT so we can see all the fun you are having!

Joseanne said...

Let's see. Well, to begin with, I have worked very hard to make sure that Serena knows who I am and I think I've done a pretty good job. So it's not my favorite thing to have you take her away from me . . . BUT, I am very excited to come and see you all for a couple of weeks in October or November - YAY!!!

Caitlin Carroll said...

Before we left for Egypt we had the same questions from everyone. And you're taking your baby?! Are you sure???? Yes, yes, I'm sure. I'm not going to leave my still breastfeeding 8-month-old for four months. But so many people asked us that, almost everyone we told. This is so cool for y'all, I hope you have a good time. Tim and I are thinking about planning a trip to Argentina after he graduates.