Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Serena was Sailor Moon for Halloween.  (If you don't know who Sailor Moon is I have provided a picture for you below) I think she was pretty darn cute. My mom helped me make it, Thanks again mom! I know Sailor Moon doesn't have red bows in her hair but We didn't want to make a wig for a baby and we thought that long bows would give the impression of long hair... what do you think?  FYI- Sailor Moon's real name is Serena... thats where we got the costume idea.





Sailor Moon


My mother in law bought Serena this super cute jacket/coat.  I loved it so much I took some pictures.




We of carved pumpkins again this year.  This one is Westins, I thought it was a pretty cool idea to have them carving each other.

This one I did. A frog being boiled in a cauldron.  I'm getting better every year.


This was our DELICIOUS Halloween dinner. 

Frankenstein Cheeseball

Gravestone Rice Crispies

Lady Fingers
I hope you all enjoyed!  Please post a comment!

12 comments:

Craig and Sharelle said...

Serena is so cute! LOVE the costume - you are so creative. I only wish we could have seen you guys in person. Grandma JoAnn said that she never would have recognized Westin if it hadn't been for the baby!

Steven and Megan said...

I love Halloween and all the fun festivities that go along with it. Looks like your family had fun! The rice crispy head stones are cute and I like Serena's ribbon hair :)

Leisa said...

oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh she is so dang cute. good job on the costume. SO MUCH FUN

Sharece said...

What a great idea for a costume!! She is cute (as always)! And the Halloween dinner is so fun! I should do something like that next year. What a great idea.
And COOL pumpkins! Mine were just smiley faces. But it was still fun to carve.

Marilyn Hardman said...

What a party.

Isaac said...

Sailor moon- now that is original, Funny, funny.

Jenny said...

Just watch out for Tuxedo Mask...

Matthew and Jennifer said...

My sister Sammie LOVES Sailor Moon. As soon as she heard Serena's name...she said "Oooh...like Sailor Moon." Serena's costume has definitely cemented her as Sammie's "favorite baby ever!" haha
Super cute!

Westin the Incredible said...

Sailor Moon was always my favorite Japanese cartoon. Just so everyone is clear, that is not the reason we named her Serena (it might be why we spelled it S-e-r-e-n-a instead of S-e-r-i-n-a, but whatever). Now if we have a boy next we are going to name him Goku. Anyway, Sailor Moon kicks trash and I will fight anyone that denies it.

Sharon said...

Love it! Love it! Love it!

Genevieve said...

hi- so my name is genevieve (hansen) and i knew westin yrs ago! i used to live in mtn. green. i recently found his blog through sharelle's and just wanted to say hi. your daughter is adorable! we have one about a week away from her 1st birthday. enjoy her now- time flies!!! so our blog is private but if you'd like an invite, email me at genevievecurtis@gmail.com. tell westin hi for me!!

Heather said...

I totally remember sailor moon, my little sister loved that show! serena is just as darling as ever. looks like you guys had a super fun halloween! i need to come see you soon!