Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sensuous Sandwich

There is this DELICIOUS sandwich place in Provo that Westin and I LOVE, it is called Sensuous Sandwich and I honestly could eat there all the time! They have a challenge that if you eat 24 inches in 30 min or less you get a free t-shirt and free refills for the rest of your life (as long as you are wearing your shirt) also you get your picture taken and hung on the wall. We have wanted to do this challenge since we first heard about it but haven't ever had much of an occasion to do it. Until, our good friends Mario and Wendy Chard met us there for lunch a week or so ago and decided that they wanted to do it with us when they came down next time. Well, last night was the night and I am both proud and disgusted with myself and my ability to each such a HUGE sandwich in such a short amount of time. Westin finished in under 10 min, Wendy and I both finished with less than a minute to spare, and poor Mario couldn't finish.


The before picture


The during picture (you can pretty much picture all of us looking like this)

Our victorious after picture!

You can't read it but the back of the shirt says "The Second Best Thing You Can Do With Your Lips Is Eat A Sensuous Sandwich" I LOVE it. Totally worth it! Thanks Mario and Wendy for helping us earn our t-shirts!

7 comments:

Sharece said...

Love it!

Leslie said...

I'm commenting on a this post since I'm craving new postings:) Aren't I a hypocrite...I don't even have a blog, yet I pester others to update theirs. Anyway love your family. Have a nice day:)

The Incredible Westin said...

Well we have a severe lack of comments here, we are waiting until we have 24 comments on this post until we proceed. One comment for every inch of the sandwiches we ate. And good comments too. It's not hard, folks.

Alora said...

I think this is unfair. You don't even announce this "24 comments" thing to the general public, so only those who read your comments will make comments. Personally, I usually don't read comments because I don't want to hear a whole bunch of other people's opinions on things. Obviously, I read blogs because I enjoy what the author says, not the commenters. Therefor, I submit that you either do a new blog post anyway, or announce it in some other way so that people will make comments. But, since you did a fabulous post about your victory over Mario....I mean......a 24 inch sandwich, I will also comment on that. Good job. I'm very proud that you don't have sissy stomachs.

Alora said...

I think that counts as two comments, so I'm leaving another one. Plus, I wanted to say that I think Leslie needs to start a blog. I always enjoy her posts on facebook, and that makes me think I would enjoy an entire blog of it. I've offered to help set one up several times. The offer still stands.

Unknown said...

We love the Sensuous Sandwich. We could live there too!!! ( and almost did when we lived there)

ariel june said...

haha I'm so impressed! My dad and 3 of my older brothers did this, like ten years ago. I don't think there's any way I could do it...but I could probably do a 'Chinese food' equivalent. Yum!