Monday, July 12, 2010

Brazil, There and Back Again...

So much to say... and right now I have barely enough energy to put all these pictures up. I suspect that Westin will come along after and add more captions and details but as for now this is what you get...

We went to Brazil, now we are back home. It was shorter than expected but we had some good times and are glad that we were able to go have those experiences together. Either Westin or I will eventually add to this post, or have a whole post dedicated to why we are home early, but for now just know that we are healthy, happy, and glad to be back in the States.

(I know there are not very many captions... I may eventually add more)

Leaving Salt Lake City


Everyone has hammocks in their homes in Brazil, something we plan on implementing in Utah.



Drinking coconut milk from a coconut


Yes, we ate chicken feet!!! (this is something disgusting, I don't recommend it)




Santarem!!! Our favorite part of the trip.
We took a plane ride to Santarem (Westin's favorite part of his mission) It was awesome. These aren't in the chronological order but still enjoy.






Still in Santarem, the Amazon in the background.



Playing at the members house in Santarem. (this is where Serena was happiest the whole trip)




Church in Santarem






Family Home Evening with the Members in Santarem. They were so happy to have Westin return to visit them. This is where my favorite memories of Brazil are. The members LOVED Westin and had such nice things to say about when he served his mission there.


It was the World Cup while we were there, so we sported our Brazil propaganda.


Enjoy... POST A COMMENT!!!
More updates to come

7 comments:

Heather said...

oh, I am SOO glad you finally updated! it looks like you guys had a blast in brazil, even if it wasn't for as long as you had originally planned. We need to catch up, call me this week!

Leslie said...

Good times, good times! Great pictures, makes me want to take a vacation myself! Super glad you're home:)

Joseanne said...

Those pictures just make me so anxious for our trip to Brazil in 4 years ;) I'm so glad that you were able to go to Santerem. But I have to say that my favorite part about your trip was when you came home and Serena just laughed and laughed that whole day - I've never heard her laugh as much as she did that day. It was the cutest thing ever!!!

Steven and Megan said...

Oh i am happy you updated! glad you guys are home safe and sound. Cute pictures :)

Emily said...

I'm happy you're back! I'm sorry it didn't turn out exactly how you planned, but it sounds like you had an amazing adventure! What a great story to tell....forever! Also, the pictures are beautiful! You're beautiful! I love you guys!!!

~Mindy~ said...

Serena is so cute! I'm glad you're all safe and that you finally updated! ;) We should play soon! I live in Bluffdale now so I'm a little closer to you! :)

Twin Times said...

Welcome back! It looks like you had an amazing time. Serena is getting so big! What a great update.